Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gotta luv a spring fair !!

OOOhhh I do love a school/church fete, not only spring but any season, you never know what you are going to find bit like a flea market or junk shop, its an Aladins cave of pure mystery & goodness, Its an array of white elephant stalls, homemade treasures, tombolas & second hand books, takes me back to my childhood of St Mary's church fetes & all the preparation that went with it, it was a fab atmospere that I try to relive, when life was simple & we had no worries, spending all our pocket money on Joan's tombola, book marks make out of felt & knitted mice!!, here are a few pics of the goodies I picked up at Jo's childrens school spring fair

Talking of Spring fairs, we had the girls fete last saturday, I shared a stall with my friend Tanya & I sold 5 market bags & 2 lunch box's was well pleased, as it was a last minute thing, have been so busy lately.....

1 comment:

  1. I know! We had such fun, and the Fancy Dress competitions at the Summer Fete that we took so seriously! Happy days. We have our school fete and St Julie's Day, I do spend much time and effort making little things for my Rainbow Crafts stall, and I must say the children enjoy it as much as we always did. Something about getting lots of little things for not much outlay, and making little things yourself.The preserves look lovely - I'd send you some of my lemon/lime curd if it were allowed......

    ReplyDelete