Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Spiced Up Rug

I saw a simalar rug in a haberdashery store called Spotlight (for those not familiar with the shop) it was larger & very expensive, so I got on my hands & knees & studied how they did it & a lightbulb appeared above my head & I realised I could probably do my own take on one & as it happens I think mine is better not so gaudy as the store one. I did it on a smaller scale & used silk or nylon scarfs as they were easier to use & lovely & soft on the feet.
Before,

After...

4 comments:

  1. Yours is so much nicer! I've had a couple of those like the ones in Spotlight, but v cheap from Ikea, but not a patch on the 'Pippa' rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........nice luv i likey......

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! forgot the link!
    http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/diy/

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete