Sunday, February 20, 2011

garden update

The garden is truley flourishing, some things have finished & others are extremely fruitful, Emerson is very green fingered I cant take any credit actually, I just potter around with my collecting basket & pick them when they are ready, We have an abundance of cherry tomatos which are juicy & sweet & rock melon have taken over one part of the veggie garden but havn't a clue where it came from we have also had water melon which is Kenya's fav.... 


Rock Melon
This is our Olive tree, we have had it for about 3 years & it has finally started to get olives, although I know its not a simple process & its not a question of picking & eating!! will have to google to see what it entails,
Olive Tree
Little Olives appearing


Finally my Hut, is  looking good, although it still has some final touches to be done, around it is going to have white river stones & I have to stain the decking so its all one colour, I do sit in it alot though & its waterproof!!
My Hut

1 comment:

  1. Delish! Love the pics! I love melon, but haven't had the Rock variety. The vine looks nice even without any fruit on it. Cherry toms are tasty, and good luck with the olives. Ours hasn't born fruit - maybe it's a male tree. Think we will buy a new one at the Ideal Home exhibition next month.
    African hut is sweet! A lovely hidey-hole to escape the heat of the garden.
    Thanks for the card and note - and the girls' lovely letters! x

    ReplyDelete