Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gutted

Well its tuesday night again & have got back from pottery, had a tragic disaster, made a wall hanging which had to be fired in a special way because of the colours I wanted, when I came back the first time I didn't like the colour, too green, so back in it went & when it came out the second time it was exquisite, copper's dark reds & in places it looked like oil & water mixed together, it was a long process but finally I loved it, took my pottery box from the car & at the time I did think to myself dont hold it by the handle in case it drops, well I did hold it by the handle just while I closed the car door, handle broke, box dropped on floor & gorgeous piece smashed into 4 pieces, I should have listened to my innerself...GRRRRRRRRRRRR, not happy. Having a glass of wine to commiserate!








On a happier note, I did get a nice Indian wall hanging from north rocks trash & treasure on sunday which I am going to make into a floor cushion for my hut which incidentally is nearly up!! all I have to do is back it will fabric & fill with stuffing, oh just another project for my lovely list, I have ticked a couple of things off list so thats good.


See you soon x

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Can you fix it back together,or make a kind of mosaic.... Like the cushion! You can lay back, light some incense and listen to Ravi Shankar or Kula Shaker (remember them Govinda ....)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the pottery,it looked very interesting, and as Geraldine said try to save it.
    I would put a backing and put it back together with the breaks showing, too much work to lose it all.
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete