Thursday, December 2, 2010

My New Sofa

Wanted this sofa from ikea but because the new catalogue had already come out, the fabric I wanted had been discontinued, I wasn't best pleased!! but a friend put me onto a secondhand site called Gumtree where you dont have to bid, you just buy it,  the second sofa I saw was the very one I wanted, so rang the guy who was at the airport moving back to the uk from a year out here working & he had left it for his neighbour to sell, so he got her to contact me, so Bill, {my man with a ute} & I went to Bondi today to get it which was left in an undercover car port & I just had to put the money in her letterbox, very trusting I thought!! so it was all a little bit cloak & daggers but the end result was fab I love it... x

1 comment:

  1. Oh! It's lovely! Like patchwork with all the time saved with not having to piece the bits together! We have Gumtree, too, haven't looked yet, but better not.......

    x

    ReplyDelete